Asian Women's Health Sessions
Last Wednesday of the month
1.00pm – 3.00pm.
We run Asian women's 'health calendar' sessions on the last Wednesday of every month. Topics are suggested by group members during an annual evaluation session and the sessions are facilitated by a community doctor.
In 2018, the topics to be discussed are:
- January – Knee and Hip issues
- February – Memory Loss
- March – Heart and Lung issues
- April – High and Low pressure
- May – Stomach acidity
- June – Vertigo
- July – Meditation
- August – Summer outing
- September – Thyroids problems
- October – Bladder infection
- November – Terminal illness and how to manage it
- December – Christmas Party and Evaluation of the Calendar
These sessions are valuable because they provide a safe and supportive space where women can discuss personal concerns, issues relating to physical and mental health and find out more about local NHS services.
The community doctor speaks three Asian languages to ensure that all women are included. We also produce a calendar which is translated into three languages. These sessions are very popular among Asian women and attendance is high.
We are very grateful to Ageing Better in Camden for funding the health calendar sessions.