Asian Women's Health Sessions
Last Wednesday of the month
1.00pm – 3.00pm.
We run Asian women's 'health calendar' sessions on the last Wednesday of every month. Topics are suggested by group members during an annual evaluation session and the sessions are facilitated by a community doctor.
In 2019, the topics to be discussed are:
- January – Happiness
- February – Parkinson's disease
- March – Knee problems
- April – How to be a good listener
- May – Bladder problems
- June – Eye problems and diseases
- July – Liver and pancreas
- August – Summer outing
- September – Lose fat with a good diet
- October – Memory
- November – Ear, nose and throat diseases
- December – Christmas and year end party
These sessions are valuable because they provide a safe and supportive space where women can discuss personal concerns, issues relating to physical and mental health and find out more about local NHS services.
The community doctor speaks three Asian languages to ensure that all women are included. We also produce a calendar which is translated into three languages. These sessions are very popular among Asian women and attendance is high.
We are very grateful to Ageing Better in Camden for funding the health calendar sessions.